1. Host Response and Inflammation:
Toll-Like Receptor Stimulation Induces Nondefensin Protein Expression and Reverses Antibiotic-Induced Gut Defense Impairment
Ying-Ying Wu, Ching-Mei Hsu, Pei-Hsuan Chen, Chang-Phone Fung, and Lee-Wei Chen
Infect. Immun. May 2014 82:5 1994-2005; published ahead of print 4 March 2014, doi:10.1128/IAI.01578-14
2. V. Leardkamolkarn and W. Sirigulpanit
Establishment of a Stable Cell Line Coexpressing Dengue Virus-2 and Green Fluorescent Protein for Screening of Antiviral Compounds
J Biomol Screen March 2012 17: 283-292, first published on November 7, 2011 doi:10.1177/1087057111426903
3. Nanoparticle Adjuvant Sensing by TLR7 Enhances CD8+ T Cell–Mediated Protection from Listeria Monocytogenes Infection
Marie-Ève Lebel, Jean-François Daudelin, Karine Chartrand, Esther Tarrab, Ulrich Kalinke, Pierre Savard, Nathalie Labrecque, Denis Leclerc, and Alain Lamarre
J Immunol 2014 192:1071-1078; published ahead of print December 27, 2013, doi:10.4049/jimmunol.1302030
4. Sunanta Nabu, Ratana Lawung, Patcharee Isarankura-Na-Ayudhya, Chartchalerm Isarankura-Na-Ayudhya, Sittiruk Roytrakul, and Virapong Prachayasittikul
Reference map and comparative proteomic analysis of Neisseria gonorrhoeae displaying high resistance against spectinomycin
J Med Microbiol March 2014 63:371-385; doi:10.1099/jmm.0.067595-0
5. Preferential estrogen receptor β ligands reduce Bcl-2 expression in hormone-resistant breast cancer cells to increase autophagy
Samantha C Ruddy, Rosanna Lau, Miguel A. Cabrita, Chelsea McGregor, Bruce C. McKay, Leigh C Murphy, James S. Wright, Tony Durst, and M.A. Christine Pratt
Mol Cancer Ther molcanther.1066.2013; Published OnlineFirst April 30, 2014; doi:10.1158/1535-7163.MCT-13-1066
Effects of Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells on Cell Proliferation and Growth Factor Expression of Limbal Epithelial Cells in vitro
Hu N. · Zhang Y.-Y. · Gu H.-W. · Guan H.-J.
Ophthalmic Res 2012;48:82–88 (DOI:10.1159/000331006)
1.Sensing Parts-per-Trillion Cd2+, Hg2+, and Pb2+ Collectively and Individually Using Phosphorothioate DNAzymes
Po-Jung Jimmy Huang and Juewen Liu
Analytical Chemistry 2014 86 (12), 5999-6005
2.Ying-mei Lu, Ji-yun Huang, Huan Wang, Xue-fang Lou, Mei-hua Liao, Ling-juan Hong, Rong-rong Tao, Muhammad M. Ahmed, Chun-lei Shan, Xiao-liang Wang, Kohji Fukunaga, Yong-zhong Du, Feng Han, Targeted therapy of brain ischaemia using Fas ligand antibody conjugated PEG-lipid nanoparticles, Biomaterials, Volume 35, Issue 1, January 2014, Pages 530-537,
3. Ritika Prasad and Biplob Koch, “Antitumor Activity of Ethanolic Extract of Dendrobium formosum in T-Cell Lymphoma: An In Vitro and In Vivo Study,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, Article ID 753451, 11 pages, 2014. doi:10.1155/2014/753451
4. Sy Le Thanh Nguyen, Dinh Thi Quyen, and Hong Diep Vu, “Highly Effective Renaturation of a Streptokinase from Streptococcus pyogenes DT7 as Inclusion Bodies Overexpressed in Escherichia coli,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, Article ID 324705, 9 pages, 2014. doi:10.1155/2014/324705
5. Jia Zhang, Biao Zhang, Dongmei Wang, Xiaolian Gao, Jiong Hong, Xylitol production at high temperature by engineered Kluyveromyces marxianus, Bioresource Technology, Volume 152, January 2014, Pages 192-201, ISSN 0960-8524, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2013.10.109.
6. Tianran Lin, Liangshuang Zhong, Jing Wang, Liangqia Guo, Hanyin Wu, Qingquan Guo, FengFu Fu, Guonan Chen, Graphite-like carbon nitrides as peroxidase mimetics and their applications to glucose detection, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Volume 59, 15 September 2014, Pages 89-93, ISSN 0956-5663, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2014.03.023.
8. Hee Uk Lee, Hah Young Yoo, Tseveg Lkhagvasuren, Yoon Seok Song, Chulhwan Park, Jungbae Kim, Seung Wook Kim, Enzymatic fuel cells based on electrodeposited graphite oxide/cobalt hydroxide/chitosan composite–enzymeelectrode, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Volume 42, 15 April 2013, Pages 342-348, ISSN 0956-5663, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2012.10.020.
9. Fen Ma, Yu Zhang, Honglan Qi, Qiang Gao, Chengxiao Zhang, Wujian Miao, Ultrasensitive electrogenerated chemiluminescence biosensor for the determination of mercury ion incorporating G4 PAMAM dendrimer and Hg(II)-specific oligonucleotide, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Volume 32, Issue 1, 15 February 2012, Pages 37-42, ISSN 0956-5663, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2011.11.011.
10. miRNA-95 Mediates Radioresistance in Tumors by Targeting the Sphingolipid Phosphatase SGPP1
Xiaoyong Huang, Samira Taeb, Sahar Jahangiri, Urban Emmenegger, Elisa Tran, Jeff Bruce, Aruz Mesci, Elina Korpela, Danny Vesprini, C. Shun Wong, Robert G. Bristow, Fei-Fei Liu, and Stanley K. Liu
Cancer Res December 1, 2013 73:6972-6986; Published OnlineFirst October 21, 2013; doi:10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-13-1657
11. Gender-Dimorphic Regulation of Skeletal Muscle Proteins in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats
Choi M. · Choi J.-W. · Chaudhari H.N. · Aseer K.R. · Mukherjee R. · Yun J.W.
Cell Physiol Biochem 2013;31:408-420 (DOI:10.1159/000343378)
Downregulation of Fetuin-B and Zinc-α2-glycoprotein is Linked to Impaired Fatty Acid Metabolism in Liver Cells
Choi J.-W. · Liu H. · Mukherjee R. · Yun J.W.
Cell Physiol Biochem 2012;30:295-306 (DOI:10.1159/000339065)
13. Gender-dependent Protein Expression in White Adipose Tissues of Lean and Obese Rats Fed a High Fat Diet
Mukherjee R. · Choi J.-W. · Choi D.K. · Oh T.S. · Liu H. · Yun J.W.
Department of Biotechnology, Daegu University, Kyungsan, Kyungbuk Cell Physiol Biochem 2012;29:617–634 (DOI:10.1159/000338515)
14. High-purity gold nanocrystal dimers: scalable synthesis and size-dependent plasmonic and Raman enhancement
Xiaohui Ji and Wensheng Yang Chem. Sci., 2014,5, 311-323
15. Long Han, Min-Jie Cao, Chao-lan Shi, Xiao-Nan Wei, Huan Li, Cui-Hong Du, cDNA cloning of glucose-6-phosphate isomerase from crucian carp (Carassius carassius) and expression of the active region as myofibril-bound serine proteinase inhibitor in Escherichia coli, Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part B: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Volume 168, February 2014, Pages 86-93, ISSN 1096-4959, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cbpb.2013.06.001.
16. Huilan Yi, Jingjing Yin, Xin Liu, Xiuqing Jing, Sanhong Fan, Hufang Zhang, Sulfur dioxide induced programmed cell death in Vicia guard cells, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, Volume 78, 1 April 2012, Pages 281-286, ISSN 0147-6513, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2011.11.035.
17. Amnon Grossberger, Yitzhak Hadar, Thomas Borch, Benny Chefetz, Biodegradability of pharmaceutical compounds in agricultural soils irrigated with treated wastewater, Environmental Pollution, Volume 185, February 2014, Pages 168-177, ISSN 0269-7491, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2013.10.038.
18. Jing Qiu, Guoying Zhu, Xiao Chen, Chunlin Shao, Shuzhu Gu, Combined effects of γ-irradiation and cadmium exposures on osteoblasts in vitro, Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, Volume 33, Issue 2, March 2012, Pages 149-157, ISSN 1382-6689, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.etap.2011.12.009.
19. Shih-Chin Lu, Sung-Chyr Lin, Recovery of active N-acetyl-d-glucosamine 2-epimerase from inclusion bodies by solubilization with non-denaturing buffers, Enzyme and Microbial Technology, Volume 50, Issue 1, 5 January 2012, Pages 65-70, ISSN 0141-0229, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enzmictec.2011.09.010.
20. Agus Putra A. Samad, Urip Santoso, Meng-Chou Lee, Fan-Hua Nan, Effects of dietary katuk (Sauropus androgynus L. Merr.) on growth, non-specific immune and diseases resistance against Vibrio alginolyticus infection in grouper Epinephelus coioides, Fish & Shellfish Immunology, Volume 36, Issue 2, February 2014, Pages 582-589, ISSN 1050-4648, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fsi.2013.11.011.
21. Daihui Zhang, Chong Wang, Hongxi Wu, Jingli Xie, Lei Du, Zhaoming Xia, Jingbo Cai, Zhenhua Huang, Dongzhi Wei, Three sulphated polysaccharides isolated from the mucilage of mud snail, Bullacta exarata philippi: Characterization and antitumour activity, Food Chemistry, Volume 138, Issue 1, 1 May 2013, Pages 306-314, ISSN 0308-8146, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2012.10.061.
22. Hossam Murad, Bouthina Ali, Rima Makeya, Abdul Qader Abbady, Prokaryotic overexpression of TEV–rhGH and characterization of its polyclonal antibody, Gene, Volume 542, Issue 1, 25 May 2014, Pages 69-76, ISSN 0378-1119, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gene.2014.02.016.
23. Pathogenic Fungus Microsporum canis Activates the NLRP3 Inflammasome
Liming Mao, Liping Zhang, Hua Li, Wei Chen, Hongbin Wang, Shuxian Wu, Caiqin Guo, Ailing Lu, Guiwen Yang, Liguo An, Paride Abliz, and Guangxun Meng
Infect. Immun. February 2014 82:2 882-892; published ahead of print 9 December 2013, doi:10.1128/IAI.01097-13
24. Caiyun Wang, Lei Li, Hong Guan, Saiyinna Tong, Mingqiang Liu, Chang Liu, Ziying Zhang, Chenguang Du, Peifeng Li, Effects of taurocholic acid on immunoregulation in mice, International Immunopharmacology, Volume 15, Issue 2, February 2013, Pages 217-222, ISSN 1567-5769, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.intimp.2012.12.006.
25. Yanbin Feng, Wenying Yu, Xinxin Li, Shaoyu Lin, Ying Zhou, Junjie Hu, and Xinqi Liu
Structural Insight into Golgi Membrane Stacking by GRASP65 and GRASP55 Proteins
J. Biol. Chem. 2013 288: 28418-28427. First Published on August 12, 2013, doi:10.1074/jbc.M113.478024
26. The Effect of Gold Nanoparticles on the Proliferation and Differentiation of Murine Osteoblast: A Study of MC3T3-E1 Cells In Vitro
Yao, Yuanyuan; Shi, Xiujuan; Chen, Fengshan
Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Volume 14, Number 7, July 2014, pp. 4851-4857(7)
27. Comprehensive Mapping of Protein N-Glycosylation in Human Liver by Combining Hydrophilic Interaction Chromatography and Hydrazide Chemistry
Jun Zhu, Zhen Sun, Kai Cheng, Rui Chen, Mingliang Ye, Bo Xu, Deguang Sun, Liming Wang, Jing Liu, Fangjun Wang, and Hanfa Zou
Journal of Proteome Research 2014 13 (3), 1713-1721
28. Jung-Won Choi, Hao Liu, Duk Kwon Choi, Tae Seok Oh, Rajib Mukherjee, Jong Won Yun, Profiling of gender-specific rat plasma proteins associated with susceptibility or resistance to diet-induced obesity, Journal of Proteomics, Volume 75, Issue 4, 2 February 2012, Pages 1386-1400, ISSN 1874-3919, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jprot.2011.11.012.
29. : Kümpornsin et al.: Biochemical and functional
characterization of Plasmodium falciparum GTP cyclohydrolase I. Malaria
Journal 2014 13:150.
30. Han Huang, Li Zhang, Jinqing Kan, γ-Fe2O3/polyaniline-lonidamine prepared by doping/dedoping method, Materials Chemistry and Physics, Volume 145, Issues 1–2, 15 May 2014, Pages 27-35, ISSN 0254-0584, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.matchemphys.2014.01.009.
31. VDR Status Arbitrates the Pro-Metastatic Effects of Tumor-Associated Macrophages
Yan Zhang, Quanjun Guo, Zhujun Zhang, Nan Bai, Ze Liu, Min Xiong, Yuquan Wei, Rong Xiang, and Xiaoyue Tan
Mol Cancer Res molcanres.0036.2014; Published OnlineFirst May 12, 2014; doi:10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-14-0036
32. Decreased expression of Dkk1 and Dkk3 in human clear cell renal cell carcinoma
Guo; Zhang; Yang; Geng; Peng; Zheng
Molecular Medicine Reports, Volume 9, Number 6, 2014, pp. 2367-2373(7)
33. Antibiotic resistance–mediated isolation of scaffold-specific natural product producers
Maulik N Thaker, Nicholas Waglechner & Gerry D Wright
Nature Protocols 9, 1469–1479 (2014) doi:10.1038/nprot.2014.093
Published online 29 May 2014
34. Mohanraj Sadasivam, Balamurugan Ramatchandirin, Ananth Ayyanar, Chidambaram Prahalathan, Bacterial lipopolysaccharide differently modulates steroidogenic enzymes gene expressions in the brain and testis in rats, Neuroscience Research, Available online 1 March 2014, ISSN 0168-0102, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neures.2014.02.011.
35. Xinyuan Hao, Hongli Li, Yuan Hua, Ke Yu, Monika Walter, Tuo Qi, Bing Zhang, Qing Ma, Actin dynamic polymerization is required for the expression of nonhost resistance in pepper against Blumeria graminis f. sp. tritici, Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology, Volume 86, April 2014, Pages 64-72, ISSN 0885-5765,
36. Control of Established Colon Cancer Xenografts Using a Novel Humanized Single Chain Antibody-Streptococcal Superantigen Fusion Protein Targeting the 5T4 Oncofetal Antigen
Patterson KG, Dixon Pittaro JL, Bastedo PS, Hess DA, Haeryfar SMM, et al. (2014) Control of Established Colon Cancer Xenografts Using a Novel Humanized Single Chain Antibody-Streptococcal Superantigen Fusion Protein Targeting the 5T4 Oncofetal Antigen. PLoS ONE 9(4): e95200.
37. Selective Alleviation of Mitomycin C Sensitivity in lexA3 Strains of Escherichia coli Demands Allele Specificity of rif-nal Mutations: A Pivotal Role for rpoB87-gyrA87 Mutations
Shanmughapriya V, Meenakshi S, Munavar MH (2014) Selective Alleviation of Mitomycin C Sensitivity in lexA3 Strains of Escherichia coli Demands Allele Specificity of rif-nal Mutations: A Pivotal Role for rpoB87-gyrA87 Mutations. PLoS ONE 9(2): e87702.
38. Dispersal of the Japanese Pine Sawyer, Monochamus alternatus (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae), in Mainland China as Inferred from Molecular Data and Associations to Indices of Human Activity
Hu S-j, Ning T, Fu D-y, Haack RA, Zhang Z, et al. (2013) Dispersal of the Japanese Pine Sawyer, Monochamus alternatus (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae), in Mainland China as Inferred from Molecular Data and Associations to Indices of Human Activity. PLoS ONE 8(2): e57568.
39. Article Source: The Apoptotic Effects of Toosendanin Are Partially Mediated by Activation of Deoxycytidine Kinase in HL-60 Cells
Ju J, Qi Z, Cai X, Cao P, Huang Y, et al. (2012) The Apoptotic Effects of Toosendanin Are Partially Mediated by Activation of Deoxycytidine Kinase in HL-60 Cells. PLoS ONE 7(12): e52536.
40. Yien Yien Ong, Wen Siang Tan, Rosfarizan Mohamad, Chin Chin Sieo, Beng Ti Tey, Biochemical and molecular identification of Enterococcus spp. from red pitaya, Process Biochemistry, Volume 49, Issue 4, April 2014, Pages 563-568, ISSN 1359-5113, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2014.01.019.
41. Po-Min Kao, Bing-Mu Hsu, Tsui-Kang Hsu, Wen-Tsai Ji, Po-Hsiang Huang, Chih-Jen Hsueh, Chuen-Sheue Chiang, Shih-Wei Huang, Yu-Li Huang, Application of TaqMan fluorescent probe-based quantitative real-time PCR assay for the environmental survey of Legionella spp. and Legionella pneumophila in drinking water reservoirs in Taiwan, Science of The Total Environment, Volume 490, 15 August 2014, Pages 416-421, ISSN 0048-9697, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.04.103.
42. Electrophoresis-Enhanced Detection of Deoxyribonucleic Acids on a Membrane-Based Lateral Flow Strip Using Avian Influenza H5 Genetic Sequence as the Model
Jui-Chuang Wu *, Chih-Hung Chen , Ja-Wei Fu and Huan-Ching Yang. Sensors 2014, 14(3), 4399-4415; doi:10.3390/s140304399
43. Beatrice Sing Yieng Tou, Kian Eang Neo, Beng Ti Tey, Michelle Yeen Tan Ng, Effect of phase inversion and separation on hepatitis B core antigen extraction from unclarified bacterial feedstock using aqueous two-phase system, Separation and Purification Technology, Volume 130, 10 June 2014, Pages 45-55,
44. T. C. LIN, C. L. LIN and J. W. HUANG. Nonidet p-40, a novel inducer, activates cucumber disease resistance against cucumber anthracnose disease. The Journal of Agricultural Science, available on CJO2013. doi:10.1017/S0021859613000646.
45. Antioxidative and Hepatoprotective Activities of Deinoxanthin-Rich Extract from Deinococcus radiodurans R1 against Carbon Tetrachloride-Induced Liver Injury in Mice
J Cheng, Z Zhang, Z Zheng, G Lv, L Wang, B Tian, Y Hua. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research April 2014; 13 (4): 573-580
46. Kidsadagon Pringproa, Oapkun Khonghiran, Suchaya Kunanoppadol, Teerapong Potha, and Phongsakorn Chuammitri, “In Vitro Virucidal and Virustatic Properties of the Crude Extract of Cynodon dactylon against Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus,” Veterinary Medicine International, vol. 2014, Article ID 947589, 5 pages, 2014.
1. Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction in the Diagnosis of Acute Postoperative Endophthalmitis
Joseph, Cornelia Reena et al.
American Journal of Ophthalmology , Volume 153 , Issue 6 , 1031 - 1037.e2
2. Ewelina Swiderek, Wojciech Kalas, Edyta Wysokinska, Alicja Pawlak, Janusz Rak, Leon Strzadala, The interplay between epigenetic silencing, oncogenic KRas and HIF-1 regulatory pathways in control of BNIP3 expression in human colorectal cancer cells, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Volume 441, Issue 4, 29 November 2013, Pages 707-712,
3. Targeted Reengineering of Protein Geranylgeranyltransferase Type I Selectivity Functionally Implicates Active-Site Residues in Protein-Substrate Recognition
Soumyashree A. Gangopadhyay, Erica L. Losito, and James L. Hougland
Biochemistry 2014 53 (2), 434-446
4. Yi-Xiao Liu, Xi-Dai Long, Zhi-Feng Xi, et al., “MicroRNA-24 Modulates Aflatoxin B1-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma Prognosis and Tumorigenesis,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, Article ID 482926, 13 pages, 2014.
5. Genetic Monitoring of Western Corn Rootworm (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) Populations on a Microgeographic Scale
S. A. Ivkosic, J. Gorman, D. Lemic, and K. M. Mikac
Environmental Entomology 2014 43 (3), 804-818
6. Dohee Lee, Hamza Taufique, Rosa da Silva and Angela B. Lange
An unusual myosuppressin from the blood-feeding bug Rhodnius prolixus
J Exp Biol 2012 215:2088-2095
7. Hassan Hussein Musa, Weijuan Zhang, Jie Tao, Yuankun Guan, Xiaoli Duan, Yang Yang, Chunhong Zhu, Huifang Li, Guoqiang Zhu, Cloning and expression of FimA-c3d recombinant protein, Journal of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Available online 21 April 2014, ISSN 1687-157X,
8. Jiujun Cheng, Lee Pinnell, Katja Engel, Josh D. Neufeld, Trevor C. Charles, Versatile broad-host-range cosmids for construction of high quality metagenomic libraries, Journal of Microbiological Methods, Volume 99, April 2014, Pages 27-34, ISSN 0167-7012,
9. ANALYSIS OF FUSARIUM POPULATIONS IN A SOYBEAN FIELD UNDER DIFFERENT FERTILIZATION MANAGEMENT BY REAL-TIME QUANTITATIVE PCR AND DENATURING GRADIENT GEL ELECTROPHORESIS
W. Wei, Y.L. Xu, S. Li, J.B. Liu, X.Z. Han, W.B. Li, P. Ji. Journal of Plant Pathology (2012), 94(1), 119-126.
10. Samiran Banerjee, Xiakun Yuan, James J. Germida, Vladimir Vujanovic, Gene expression patterns in wheat coleorhiza under cold- and biological stratification, Microbiological Research, Volume 169, Issues 7–8, July–August 2014, Pages 616-622, ISSN 0944-5013,
11. Dual role of acetaminophen in promoting hepatoma cell apoptosis and kidney fibroblast proliferation. Yu; Yiang; Chou; Tseng; Wu; Hung; Lin; Lin; Liu; Chang; Wei. Molecular Medicine Reports, Volume 9, Number 6, 2014, pp. 2077-2084(8)
12. A novel mutation in the NR2E3 gene associated with Goldmann-Favre syndrome and vasoproliferative tumor of the retina
George J. Manayath,1 Prasanthi Namburi,2 Sundaresan Periasamy,2 Jeevan A. Kale,1 Venkatapathy Narendran,1 Anuradha Ganesh3. Molecular Vision 2014; 20:724-731
13. Detecting interactions with membrane proteins using a membrane two-hybrid assay in yeast
Jamie Snider , Saranya Kittanakom , Dunja Damjanovic , Jasna Curak , Victoria Wong & Igor Stagljar. Nature Protocols 5, 1281–1293 (1 July 2010)
14. Yang, D., Yang, W., Zhang, Q., Hu, Y., Bao, L., & Damirin, A. (2013). Migration of gastric cancer cells in response to lysophosphatidic acid is mediated by LPA receptor 2. Oncology Letters, 5(3), 1048-1052.
15. Garima Bhatt, Rosa da Silva, Ronald J. Nachman, Ian Orchard, The molecular characterization of the kinin transcript and the physiological effects of kinins in the blood-gorging insect, Rhodnius prolixus, Peptides, Volume 53, March 2014, Pages 148-158, ISSN 0196-9781,
16. Reconstruction of the Carotenoid Biosynthetic Pathway of Cronobacter sakazakii BAA894 in Escherichia coli
Zhang W, Hu X, Wang L, Wang X (2014) Reconstruction of the Carotenoid Biosynthetic Pathway of Cronobacter sakazakii BAA894 in Escherichia coli. PLoS ONE 9(1): e86739.
17. Regulation of Eukaryotic Initiation Factor 4AII by MyoD during Murine Myogenic Cell Differentiation
Galicia-Vázquez G, Di Marco S, Lian XJ, Ma JF, Gallouzi IE, et al. (2014) Regulation of Eukaryotic Initiation Factor 4AII by MyoD during Murine Myogenic Cell Differentiation. PLoS ONE 9(1): e87237.
18. Altered Expression of Porcine Piwi Genes and piRNA during Development
Kowalczykiewicz D, Pawlak P, Lechniak D, Wrzesinski J (2012) Altered Expression of Porcine Piwi Genes and piRNA during Development. PLoS ONE 7(8): e43816.
19. Zhijun Zhao, Sheng Chen, Dan Wu, Jing Wu, Jian Chen, Effect of gene knockouts of l-tryptophan uptake system on the production of l-tryptophan in Escherichia coli, Process Biochemistry, Volume 47, Issue 2, February 2012, Pages 340-344,
1. Exhausting exercise and tissue-specific expression of monocarboxylate transporters in rainbow trout
Teye Omlin, Jean-Michel Weber
American Journal of Physiology - Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative PhysiologyJun 2013,304(11)R1036-R1043
2. Potent Inhibition of Mandelate Racemase by a Fluorinated Substrate-Product Analogue with a Novel Binding Mode
Mitesh Nagar, Adam D. Lietzan, Martin St. Maurice, and Stephen L. Bearne
Biochemistry 2014 53 (7), 1169-1178
3. Hana Maalej, Hanen Ben Ayed, Olfa Ghorbel-Bellaaj, Moncef Nasri, and Noomen Hmidet, “Production and Biochemical Characterization of a High Maltotetraose (G4) Producing Amylase from Pseudomonas stutzeri AS22,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, Article ID 156438, 11 pages, 2014.
4. Molecular epidemiology of giardiasis among Orang Asli in Malaysia: application of the triosephosphate isomerase gene
Tengku Shahrul Anuar1, Siti Nor Azreen2, Fatmah Md Salleh2 and Norhayati Moktar. BMC Infectious Diseases 2014, 14:78
5. Y.M. Hussein, S.S. Alzahrani, A.A. Alharthi, M.M. Ghonaim, A.S. Alhazmi, E.M. Eed, S.M. Shalaby, Association of serum cytokines levels, interleukin 10 −1082G/A and interferon-γ +874T/A polymorphisms with atopic asthma children from Saudi Arabia, Cellular Immunology, Volume 289, Issues 1–2, May–June 2014, Pages 21-26,
6. Jichuan Kong, Cheng He, Xiaolin Zhang, Qingtao Meng, Chunying Duan, Rhodamine based colorimetric and fluorescent probe for recognition of nucleoside polyphosphates through multi-hydrogen bond, Dyes and Pigments, Volume 101, February 2014, Pages 254-260,
7. Yousri M. Hussein, Sally M. Shalaby, Amani Nassar, Saad S. Alzahrani, Ayman S. Alharbi, Maha Nouh, Association between genes encoding components of the IL-4/IL-4 receptor pathway and dermatitis in children, Gene, Volume 545, Issue 2, 25 July 2014, Pages 276-281,
8. Shuo Chen, Rong-Feng Wu, Lin Su, Wei-Dong Zhou, Mao-Bi Zhu, Qiong-Hua Chen, Lipoxin A4 regulates expression of the estrogen receptor and inhibits 17β-estradiol induced p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphorylation in human endometriotic stromal cells, Fertility and Sterility, Volume 102, Issue 1, July 2014, Pages 264-271,
9. Zheng-Shun Wen, Li-Jia Liu, Xiao-Kun OuYang, You-Le Qu, Yin Chen, Guo-Fang Ding, Protective effect of polysaccharides from Sargassum horneri against oxidative stress in RAW264.7 cells, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, Volume 68, July 2014, Pages 98-106,
10. Mollah Md. Hamiduzzaman, Alice Sinia, Ernesto Guzman-Novoa, Paul H. Goodwin, Entomopathogenic fungi as potential biocontrol agents of the ecto-parasitic mite, Varroa destructor, and their effect on the immune response of honey bees (Apis mellifera L.), Journal of Invertebrate Pathology, Volume 111, Issue 3, November 2012, Pages 237-243,
11. Characterization of the 55-Residue Protein Encoded by the 9S E1A mRNA of Species C Adenovirus
Matthew S. Miller, Peter Pelka, Gregory J. Fonseca, Michael J. Cohen, Jenna N. Kelly, Stephen D. Barr, Roger J. A. Grand, Andrew S. Turnell, Peter Whyte, and Joe S. Mymryk
J. Virol. April 2012 86:8 4222-4233; published ahead of print 1 February 2012,
12. Protective effects of the SEPS1 gene on lipopolysaccharide-induced sepsis. He1; Wang2; Yao3; Su1; Ma1; Jia4. Molecular Medicine Reports, Volume 9, Number 5, 2014, pp. 1869-1876(8)
13. Allelic Variations of a Light Harvesting Chlorophyll A/B-Binding Protein Gene (Lhcb1) Associated with Agronomic Traits in Barley
Xia Y, Ning Z, Bai G, Li R, Yan G, et al. (2012) Allelic Variations of a Light Harvesting Chlorophyll A/B-Binding Protein Gene (Lhcb1) Associated with Agronomic Traits in Barley. PLoS ONE 7(5): e37573.
14. Multiple Mating and Family Structure of the Western Tent Caterpillar, Malacosoma californicum pluviale: Impact on Disease Resistance
Franklin MT, Ritland CE, Myers JH, Cory JS (2012) Multiple Mating and Family Structure of the Western Tent Caterpillar, Malacosoma californicum pluviale: Impact on Disease Resistance. PLoS ONE 7(5): e37472.
15. Renato Heidor, Kelly Silva Furtado, Juliana Festa Ortega, Tiago Franco de Oliveira, Paulo Eduardo Latorre Martins Tavares, Alessandra Vieira, Mayara Lilian Paulino Miranda, Eduardo Purgatto, Fernando Salvador Moreno, The chemopreventive activity of the histone deacetylase inhibitor tributyrin in colon carcinogenesis involves the induction of apoptosis and reduction of DNA damage, Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, Volume 276, Issue 2, 15 April 2014, Pages 129-135,
1.Label-Free Detection of Native Proteins by Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy Using Iodide-Modified Nanoparticles
Li-Jia Xu, Cheng Zong, Xiao-Shan Zheng, Pei Hu, Jia-Min Feng, and Bin Ren
Analytical Chemistry 2014 86 (4), 2238-2245
2. Mouda Wei, Min Zhang, Andrew Adams, Yinzhong Duan, JNK and AKT/GSK3β signaling pathways converge to regulate periodontal ligament cell survival involving XIAP, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Volume 448, Issue 4, 13 June 2014, Pages 485-491,
3. Direct Human Papillomavirus E6 Whole-Cell Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay for Objective Measurement of E6 Oncoproteins in Cytology Samples
Yi-Shan Yang, Karen Smith-McCune, Teresa M. Darragh, Yvonne Lai, Ju-Hwa Lin, Ting-Chang Chang, Hsiao-Yun Guo, Tiea Kesler, Alicia Carter, Philip E. Castle, and Shuling Cheng
Clin. Vaccine Immunol. September 2012 19:9 1474-1479; published ahead of print 18 July 2012,
4. MA Fouad, AM Agha, MM Al Merzabani, and SA Shouman
Resveratrol inhibits proliferation, angiogenesis and induces apoptosis in colon cancer cells: Calorie restriction is the force to the cytotoxicity
Hum Exp Toxicol October 2013 32: 1067-1080, first published on March 27, 2013
5. Tamadher A. Alghamdi, Cheuk Y. Ho, Amra Mrakovic, Danielle Taylor, Daniel Mao, and Roberto J. Botelho
Vac14 Protein Multimerization Is a Prerequisite Step for Fab1 Protein Complex Assembly and Function
J. Biol. Chem. 2013 288: 9363-9372. First Published on February 6, 2013,
6. Danni Huang, Xianying Wang, Chunhui Deng, Guoxin Song, Hefa Cheng, Xiangmin Zhang, Facile preparation of raisin-bread sandwich-structured magnetic graphene/mesoporous silica composites with C18-modified pore-walls for efficient enrichment of phthalates in environmental water, Journal of Chromatography A, Volume 1325, 17 January 2014, Pages 65-71,
7. Involvement of the Cannabinoid CB1 Receptor in Modulation of Dopamine Output in the Prefrontal Cortex Associated with Food Restriction in Rats
Dazzi L, Talani G, Biggio F, Utzeri C, Lallai V, et al. (2014) Involvement of the Cannabinoid CB1 Receptor in Modulation of Dopamine Output in the Prefrontal Cortex Associated with Food Restriction in Rats. PLoS ONE 9(3): e92224.
8. Fatma Chaari, Lilia Belghith-Fendri, Monia Blibech, Dorra Driss, Soumaya Zaouri Ellouzi, Maktouf sameh, Semia Ellouz-Chaabouni, Biochemical characterization of a lichenase from Penicillium occitanis Pol6 and its potential application in the brewing industry, Process Biochemistry, Volume 49, Issue 6, June 2014, Pages 1040-1046,
1. Wei Cheng, Shijia Ding, Qing Li, Tianxiao Yu, Yibin Yin, Huangxian Ju, Guosheng Ren, A simple electrochemical aptasensor for ultrasensitive protein detection using cyclic target-induced primer extension, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Volume 36, Issue 1, June–July 2012, Pages 12-17,
2. Functional Analysis of General Odorant Binding Protein 2 from the Meadow Moth, Loxostege sticticalis L. (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae)
Yin J, Feng H, Sun H, Xi J, Cao Y, et al. (2012) Functional Analysis of General Odorant Binding Protein 2 from the Meadow Moth, Loxostege sticticalis L. (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae). PLoS ONE 7(3): e33589.
3. Liang Wu, Xiaohua Zhang, Jinhua Chen, A new third-generation biosensor for superoxide anion based on dendritic gold nanostructure, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Volume 726, 24 July 2014, Pages 112-118,
1. Allison F. Jaworski, Susan M. Aitken, Expression and characterization of the Arabidopsis thaliana 11S globulin family, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Proteins and Proteomics, Volume 1844, Issue 4, April 2014, Pages 730-735,
2. Kyle K. Biggar, Kenneth B. Storey, Identification and expression of microRNA in the brain of hibernating bats, Myotis lucifugus, Gene, Volume 544, Issue 1, 1 July 2014, Pages 67-74,
3. Hongrittipun, P., Youpensuk, S., & Rerkasem, B. (2014). Screening of Nitrogen Fixing Endophytic Bacteria in Oryza sativa L.. Journal Of Agricultural Science, 6(6), p66.
4. The Natural History of Class I Primate Alcohol Dehydrogenases Includes Gene Duplication, Gene Loss, and Gene Conversion
Carrigan MA, Uryasev O, Davis RP, Zhai L, Hurley TD, et al. (2012) The Natural History of Class I Primate Alcohol Dehydrogenases Includes Gene Duplication, Gene Loss, and Gene Conversion. PLoS ONE 7(7): e41175.
1. Assembly, Activation, and Substrate Specificity of Cyclin D1/Cdk2 Complexes
Stephan C. Jahn, Mary E. Law, Patrick E. Corsino, Thomas C. Rowe, Bradley J. Davis, and Brian K. Law
Biochemistry 2013 52 (20), 3489-3501
2. Dustin T. King, Emilie Lameignere, and Natalie C. J. Strynadka
Structural insights into the lipoprotein outer-membrane regulator of penicillin-binding protein 1B
J. Biol. Chem. jbc.M114.565879. First Published on May 7, 2014,
3. Michelle Y. Monette, Suma Somasekharan, and Biff Forbush
Molecular Motions Involved in Na-K-Cl Cotransporter-mediated Ion Transport and Transporter Activation Revealed by Internal Crosslinking between Transmembrane Domains 10 and 11/12
J. Biol. Chem. jbc.M113.542258. First Published on January 22, 2014
4. Teresa C. F. Assumpção, Dongying Ma, Alexandra Schwarz, Karine Reiter, Jaime M. Santana, John F. Andersen, José M. C. Ribeiro, Glenn Nardone, Lee L. Yu, and Ivo M. B. Francischetti
Salivary Antigen-5/CAP Family Members Are Cu2+-dependent Antioxidant Enzymes That Scavenge O2⨪ and Inhibit Collagen-induced Platelet Aggregation and Neutrophil Oxidative Burst
J. Biol. Chem. 2013 288: 14341-14361. First Published on April 5, 2013
5. Within Host Evolution Results in Antigenically Distinct GII.4 Noroviruses
Kari Debbink, Lisa C. Lindesmith, Martin T. Ferris, Jesica Swanstom, Martina Beltramello, Davide Corti, Antonio Lanzavecchia, and Ralph S. Baric
J. Virol. JVI.00203-14; published ahead of print 19 March 2014,
6. The 3A protein from multiple picornaviruses utilizes the golgi adaptor protein ACBD3 to recruit PI4KIIIβ.
Greninger AL, Knudsen GM, Betegon M, Burlingame AL, Derisi JL. J Virol. 2012 Apr;86(7):3605-16. doi: 10.1128/JVI.06778-11. Epub 2012 Jan 18.
7. Structure of the carboxy-terminal region of a KCNH channel
Tinatin I. Brelidze, Anne E. Carlson, Banumathi Sankaran & William N. Zagotta
Nature 481, 530–533 (26 January 2012)
8. Compartmentalization of metabolic pathways in yeast mitochondria improves the production of branched-chain alcohols
José L Avalos, Gerald R Fink & Gregory Stephanopoulos. Nature Biotechnology 31, 335–341 (2013)
9. Meredith A. Chabrier, David Cheng, Nicholas A. Castello, Kim N. Green, Frank M. LaFerla, Synergistic effects of amyloid-beta and wild-type human tau on dendritic spine loss in a floxed double transgenic model of Alzheimer's disease, Neurobiology of Disease, Volume 64, April 2014, Pages 107-117,
10. Gene targeting to the ROSA26 locus directed by engineered zinc finger nucleases
Pablo Perez-Pinera, David G. Ousterout, Matthew T. Brown, and Charles A. Gersbach. Nucleic Acids Res. Apr 2012; 40(8): 3741–3752.
11. Impact of Inhibitors and L2 Antibodies upon the Infectivity of Diverse Alpha and Beta Human Papillomavirus Types
Kwak K, Jiang R, Wang JW, Jagu S, Kirnbauer R, et al. (2014) Impact of Inhibitors and L2 Antibodies upon the Infectivity of Diverse Alpha and Beta Human Papillomavirus Types. PLoS ONE 9(5): e97232
12. Functional Expression of Human NKCC1 from a Synthetic Cassette-Based cDNA: Introduction of Extracellular Epitope Tags and Removal of Cysteines
Suma Somasekharan, Michelle Y. Monette, and Biff Forbush. PLoS One. 2013; 8(12): e82060.
13. A Modular Lentiviral and Retroviral Construction System to Rapidly Generate Vectors for Gene Expression and Gene Knockdown In Vitro and In Vivo
Geiling B, Vandal G, Posner AR, de Bruyns A, Dutchak KL, et al. (2013) A Modular Lentiviral and Retroviral Construction System to Rapidly Generate Vectors for Gene Expression and Gene Knockdown In Vitro and In Vivo. PLoS ONE 8(10): e76279.
14. Heterologous Stop Codon Readthrough of Metazoan Readthrough Candidates in Yeast
Chan CS, Jungreis I, Kellis M (2013) Heterologous Stop Codon Readthrough of Metazoan Readthrough Candidates in Yeast. PLoS ONE 8(3): e59450.
15. Santhasiri Orrapin, Sorasak Intorasoot, Recombinant expression of novel protegrin-1 dimer and LL-37-linker–histatin-5 hybrid peptide mediated biotin carboxyl carrier protein fusion partner, Protein Expression and Purification, Volume 93, January 2014, Pages 46-53,
16. Lack of adaptation to human tetherin in HIV-1 Group O and P
Su Jung Yang, Lisa A Lopez, Colin M Exline, Kevin G Haworth and Paula M Cannon. Retrovirology 2011, 8:78
17. Harisankar Singha, Praveen Malik, Sachin K. Goyal, et al., “Optimization and Validation of Indirect ELISA Using Truncated TssB Protein for the Serodiagnosis of Glanders amongst Equines,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, Article ID 469407,
Lack of Association between PTPN22 Gene +1858 C>T Polymorphism and Susceptibility to Generalized Vitiligo in a Turkish Population
Halit Akbas, Selma Bakar Dertlioglu,1 Fuat Dilmec and Ahmet Engin Atay2. Ann Dermatol. 2014 Feb;26(1):88-91.
2. Targeted Small Interfering RNA-Immunoliposomes as a Promising Therapeutic Agent against Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A (H5N1) Virus Infection
Kannika Khantasup, Phikulthong Kopermsub, Kridsada Chaichoun, and Tararaj Dharakul
Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. May 2014 58:5 2816-2824; published ahead of print 10 March 2014,
3. Yanfu Wang, Zhijian Chen, Yuhua Liao, Chunli Mei, Hongyu Peng, Min Wang, Heping Guo, Han Lu, Angiotensin II increases the cholesterol content of foam cells via down-regulating the expression of ATP-binding cassette transporter A1, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Volume 353, Issue 3, 16 February 2007, Pages 650-654
4. Xin R. Cheng, Ben Y.H. Hau, Tatsuro Endo, Kagan Kerman, Au nanoparticle-modified DNA sensor based on simultaneous electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and localized surface plasmon resonance, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Volume 53, 15 March 2014, Pages 513-518,
5. Jing-Ming Wang, Fong-Chun Huang, Margaret Hsin-Jui Kuo, Zi-Fu Wang, Ting-Yuan Tseng, Lien-Cheng Chang, Shao-Jung Yen, Ta-Chau Chang, and Jing-Jer Lin
Inhibition of Cancer Cell Migration and Invasion through Suppressing the Wnt1-mediating Signal Pathway by G-quadruplex Structure Stabilizers
J. Biol. Chem. 2014 289: 14612-14623. First Published on April 8, 2014,
6. Unfolding Kinetics of Human Telomeric G-Quadruplexes Studied by NMR Spectroscopy
Ming-Hao Li, Zi-Fu Wang, Margaret Hsin-Jui Kuo, Shang-Te Danny Hsu, and Ta-Chau Chang
The Journal of Physical Chemistry B 2014 118 (4), 931-936
7. Aninthita Phalaphol, Kanyarat Thueng-in, Jeeraphong Thanongsaksrikul, Ornnuthchar Poungpair, Kunan Bangphoomi, Nitat Sookrung, Potjanee Srimanote, Wanpen Chaicumpa, Humanized-VH/VHH that inhibit HCV replication by interfering with the virus helicase activity, Journal of Virological Methods, Volume 194, Issues 1–2, December 2013, Pages 289-299,
8. Wansadaj Jaroenram, Narong Arunrut, Wansika Kiatpathomchai, Rapid and sensitive detection of shrimp yellow head virus using loop-mediated isothermal amplification and a colorogenic nanogold hybridization probe, Journal of Virological Methods, Volume 186, Issues 1–2, December 2012, Pages 36-42,
9. Meng-Chieh Hsu, Jyun-Yuan Wang, Yue-Jia Lee, De-Shien Jong, Kuan-Hao Tsui, and Chih-Hsien Chiu
Kisspeptin modulates fertilization capacity of mouse spermatozoa
Reproduction 147 (6) 835-845, doi: 10.1530/REP-13-0368 First published online 24 February 2014
10. Overexpression of CDC2/CyclinB1 in gliomas, and CDC2 depletion inhibits proliferation of human glioma cells in vitro and in vivo
Hua Chen, Qiang Huang*, Jun Dong, De-Zhong Zhai, Ai-Dong Wang and Qing Lan. BMC Cancer 2008, 8:29
1. Minyoung Park, Hisae Matsuura, Robert A. Lamb, Annelise E. Barron, Theodore S. Jardetzky, A fluorescence polarization assay using an engineered human respiratory syncytial virus F protein as a direct screening platform, Analytical Biochemistry, Volume 409, Issue 2, 15 February 2011, Pages 195-201,
2. Synthesis of Polyglutamide-Based Metal-Chelating Polymers and Their Site-Specific Conjugation to Trastuzumab for Auger Electron Radioimmunotherapy
Yijie Lu, Ghislaine Ngo Ndjock Mbong, Peng Liu, Conrad Chan, Zhongli Cai, Dirk Weinrich, Amanda J. Boyle, Raymond M. Reilly, and Mitchell A. Winnik
Biomacromolecules 2014 15 (6), 2027-2037
3. Activation of the STING Adaptor Attenuates Experimental Autoimmune Encephalitis
Henrique Lemos, Lei Huang, Phillip R. Chandler, Eslam Mohamed, Guilherme R. Souza, Lingqian Li, Gabriela Pacholczyk, Glen N. Barber, Yoshihiro Hayakawa, David H. Munn, and Andrew L. Mellor
J Immunol 1303258; published ahead of print May 5, 2014,
4. HLA-B27, but Not HLA-B7, Immunodominance to Influenza Is ERAP Dependent
Ali Akram, Aifeng Lin, Eric Gracey, Catherine J. Streutker, and Robert D. Inman
J Immunol 1400343; published ahead of print May 16, 2014,
5. Heather Croft, Tadeusz Malinowski, Laszlo Krizbai, Ivan Mikec, Vesna Kajic, Christopher Reed, Aniko Varga, Delano James, Use of Luminex xMAP-derived Bio-Plex bead-based suspension array for specific detection of PPV W and characterization of epitopes on the coat protein of the virus, Journal of Virological Methods, Volume 153, Issue 2, November 2008, Pages 203-213,
6. Bioengineered 3D Brain Tumor Model To Elucidate the Effects of Matrix Stiffness on Glioblastoma Cell Behavior Using PEG-Based Hydrogels
Christine Wang, Xinming Tong, and Fan Yang
Molecular Pharmaceutics 2014 11 (7), 2115-2125
7. Human CWC22 escorts the helicase eIF4AIII to spliceosomes and promotes exon junction complex assembly
Isabelle Barbosa, Nazmul Haque, Francesca Fiorini, Charlotte Barrandon, Catherine Tomasetto, Marco Blanchette & Hervé Le Hir. Nature Structural & Molecular Biology 19, 983–990 (2012).
8. Jun Zhang, Kodi S. Ravichandran, and James C. Garrison
A Key Role for the Phosphorylation of Ser440 by the Cyclic AMP-dependent Protein Kinase in Regulating the Activity of the Src Homology 2 Domain-containing Inositol 5′-Phosphatase (SHIP1)
J. Biol. Chem. 2010 285: 34839-34849. First Published on September 1, 2010,
1. Inhibition of Bacterial Conjugation by Phage M13 and Its Protein g3p: Quantitative Analysis and Model
Lin A, Jimenez J, Derr J, Vera P, Manapat ML, et al. (2011) Inhibition of Bacterial Conjugation by Phage M13 and Its Protein g3p: Quantitative Analysis and Model. PLoS ONE 6(5): e19991.